Collection of personal information
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored and used:
- Information about your computer including your IP address, your geographical location, your browser type and version, and your operating system.
- Information about your visits and the use of the site including the external source, the duration of the visit, the page views and the navigation path to the site.
- Information such as your email address and your name that you submit in order to send us messages, any other data with the intention of posting on the internet or to set up your subscriptions and to receive messages and / or newsletters from us.
- Information contained in any of your communication with us via email or through the website, including communication content and metadata.
- Any other personal information you send us.
Before disclosing any personal information to a third party, you must consent to that person disclosing and processing his or her personal information in accordance with this policy. This is especially important if you are contributing audiovisual material that includes people other than you.
Use of your personal information
The personal information submitted to us is used for the purposes set out in this policy on the relevant pages of the website. We may use personal information for the following purposes:
- site management
- personalized site layout for you
- activate the use of your available services on our website
- sending non-advertising communications
- Send email notifications about your requests
- Send our newsletter via email if you have requested it (you can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to receive our newsletter)
- analysis of statistical data for the use of the website
- manage requests and complaints that you have submitted or are related to the site
- maintaining the security of the site
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will post or use this information in accordance with your license, or the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License . The personal information you post on our site or submit to our site may be available online worldwide. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by third parties.
We will not pass on your personal information to any third party. Personal data that we process for any purpose will not be retained for longer than is necessary for that purpose.
Save your personal information
The information we collect from the website is stored on the servers of the University of Thessaly. We take the necessary precautions at the technical and organizational level to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of data.
We may update our policy from time to time by posting a new version on our website from time to time. You should check the page from time to time to make sure you understand any changes to our policy. We may notify you of changes to our policy via email or through a private messaging system on our website.
You can ask us to give you any information we hold about you. Providing such information requires the provision of sufficient identification.
Our site includes hyperlinks to, and information from, third party sites. We cannot control and are not responsible for the protection policies and practices of third parties.
If you use this website you accept and consent to this Privacy Statement as well as to the terms and conditions of use of the website announced through it.